Burberry - Poor Product Quality, Poor Customer Service
Update added by user Dec 23, 2015
Happy to say that the Yorkdale Burberry location was accommodating.They offered me a $150 store credit which I used to purchase a pair of rain boots.
No problems, quality has been good(this was 2 years ago).Really appreciate that they took my issue more seriously.
Original review posted by user Oct 29, 2013
I contacted Burberry head office in regards to a pair of flats I purchased from them just over a year ago. Weren't worn very much since after a few months the dye from the leather on the inside of the shoe started to rub off onto my feet and staining them black. They told me this was due to moisture damage, which was understandable. A couple of months later, I was at the mall and it was pouring rain outside. I ran through the rain to get to my car and notice my flats are obviously drenched but now the dye has completely ran throughout the cloth material. They are no longer the Burberry camel colour check print, but all black and are now garbage. After contacting Burberry head office once again, they take a few days and get back to me and I receive a phone call from "a manager" Thomas, telling me this is still considered moisture damage. NO KIDDING. So I ask him what was I supposed to do? *** my flats and run bare foot in the rain because god forbid they got wet? I wasn't expecting them to turn all black.
I took them to a couple dry cleaners and shoe repairs places that told me this is unacceptable, that they have never seen this happen and it's a result of not properly coating the leather on the flat in the first place.
Sad to say you spend $250 on a pair of flats expecting top quality, and all you get is some made in China ***. Went out to buy a new pair from Tory Burch and the guy working there, after showing him my pictures of my flats swore that would never happen with their brand.
In the end I'm very surprised because I have purchased a lot of clothing and accessories from Burberry and never had any problems, but even more surprised at their lack of help in their customer service department.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Burberry Shoes
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "Got scammed in Irvine yesterday 10/6/15 on Culver drive, small shopping center. Italian rep coming from fashion show.... Looking for JW airport to catch is flight to Ny and Milano.... He wanted to..."
- "I took in five huge bags of name brand in style clothes the guy (Seth) didn't completely look through them a few items had spots I understood that, but while..."
- "Same here. This company is bogus. I purchased what I thought was a wool pea coat white the picture was amazing . What I got? Was a jacket made if..."
- "I went to sunoco on sheridan dr and military rd as usually do 2 minutes from my house ,to get breakfast coffe etc i had my 2 yr old with..."
- "Ordered 4GB of extra RAM for my site hosted using Bluehost VPS plan. Credit card was charged immediately but the RAM never appeared on the machine after several reboots. Contacted..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."