Burberry - Poor Product Quality, Poor Customer Service
Update added by user Dec 23, 2015
Happy to say that the Yorkdale Burberry location was accommodating.They offered me a $150 store credit which I used to purchase a pair of rain boots.
No problems, quality has been good(this was 2 years ago).Really appreciate that they took my issue more seriously.
Original review posted by user Oct 29, 2013
I contacted Burberry head office in regards to a pair of flats I purchased from them just over a year ago. Weren't worn very much since after a few months the dye from the leather on the inside of the shoe started to rub off onto my feet and staining them black. They told me this was due to moisture damage, which was understandable. A couple of months later, I was at the mall and it was pouring rain outside. I ran through the rain to get to my car and notice my flats are obviously drenched but now the dye has completely ran throughout the cloth material. They are no longer the Burberry camel colour check print, but all black and are now garbage. After contacting Burberry head office once again, they take a few days and get back to me and I receive a phone call from "a manager" Thomas, telling me this is still considered moisture damage. NO KIDDING. So I ask him what was I supposed to do? *** my flats and run bare foot in the rain because god forbid they got wet? I wasn't expecting them to turn all black.
I took them to a couple dry cleaners and shoe repairs places that told me this is unacceptable, that they have never seen this happen and it's a result of not properly coating the leather on the flat in the first place.
Sad to say you spend $250 on a pair of flats expecting top quality, and all you get is some made in China ***. Went out to buy a new pair from Tory Burch and the guy working there, after showing him my pictures of my flats swore that would never happen with their brand.
In the end I'm very surprised because I have purchased a lot of clothing and accessories from Burberry and never had any problems, but even more surprised at their lack of help in their customer service department.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Burberry Shoes
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Gucci bag through bag barrow or steal. the price was about $2000 listed at around $850 which as 30% discount. When I received the bag I..."
- "The corking, straps andleather insole are fine, but the hard rubber soles cracked, crumbled and peeled off. I emailed Birkenstock, but no one got back to me. Over the..."
- "I bought a ballet in Aerosoles. In the store assistants do they job well. I like they, but sometimes I saw what is inside. OMG! See my pictures, please. The..."
- "Horrible place to live. Harassed by management . They worry about things that they shouldn't be worrying about , they don't fix tripping hazards that you report , nor fix..."
- "I am posting this review for my Son who has had a Very Negative experience with Ziebart Poe Ave. (Vandalia, Ohio) & Ziebart Troy, Ohio. Avoid Ziebart &..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."